Get Ready for Thunder Over Thurmond Week!
THUNDER OVER THURMOND – 2012
June 30 – July 7 [Main Event]
Dr. W. S. Mims Parade — 10 am,Main St.,McCormick,SC
(celebrating Mims Reunion Foundation)
Mark Roberts Band – 8p – 12 m,Plum Branch Yacht Club
Call PBYC for directions/more information 864-443-3000
Kayak Olympics Adventure & Moonlight Paddle
7pm – BakerCreekState Park
No experience required–concludes with moonlight ride
Pre-registration necessary — access http://www.tlsps.org
Decorated Boat Parade on LakeThurmond
10 am – 4 pm
Winners’ awards and Beach Party/Games/Food at Savannah Lakes Marina Beach – Access www.tlsps.org for complete details & boat registration
Ft. Gordon Concert Band & Color Guard
Town Park behind MACK bldg–Salute to Local Veterans–to be Escorted by McCormick Co. Car Club; BBQ dinners available!
July 6 and 7
Town-wide YARD SALE, McCormick–8am, Rts. 28 & 378
Antique/Collectible Market 9 am – 2 pm, Dorn Mill Site
$10 for inside vendor site, $5 outside (Dorn Mill only)
Saturday Only – Historic Gold Mine Park–10 am – 4 pm, Pan for Gold!
Saturday Only — Farmers’ Market, MACK Park, 4-8pm
Gospel Night — Dorn Boating Facility, 6 pm – 10 pm
Local & Professional Music Groups; $10 adm, 12 & older
$5 parking per vehicle. Bring chairs. Food vendors on site.
July 7 – THE MAIN EVENT!
THUNDER OVER THURMOND – Dorn Boating Facility – Lake Thurmond
Performances by Jimmie Van Zant, The Fabulous Expressions,
and the LARGEST fireworks show in the SOUTHEAST
– 1:00pm Gates Open Buses Roll
– 4:30 – 5:15 Jake Jacobs (Blues Band)
– 5:15-6:00pm Sylvia Walker
– 6:00-6:15pm Brian Taylor-Edge 540 Monoplane
– 6:15-6:30pm Buck Roetman-Eagle Bi-plane
– 6:30-645pm Greg Connell-Pitts 12 Bi-plane
– 6:45-7:00pm Gary Ward – MX-2 Monoplane
– 7:00-7:30pm Silver Wings Jump Team/Hal Ewing C-45 jump plane
– 7:30-8:00pm Gary Ward Airshow
– 8:00-9:15pm Fabulous Expressions
– 9:15-9:30pm Wounded Warrior Tribute
– 9:30-9:45pm Dawn Tate (National Anthem)
– 9:45-10:30pm Fireworks
– 10:30-12:00pm Jimmy Van Zant Band (Alex Ortiz covering breaks)
www.thunderoverthurmond.net for tickets, more information
WATCH THE THUNDER OVER THURMOND COMMERCIAL!
Posted on June 25, 2012, in Events, Outdoor Adventures and tagged 4th of July Fireworks, Augusta Area Fireworks, South Carolina Fireworks Shows, Thunder Over Thurmond. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.